Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Reading Contest and 1000 Celebration!

This morning, my husband told me about a blog that a man began recently. The writer said that overnight he received thousands of hits. Nice. It has taken me one full year to reach one thousand (as of right now I’m at 999).

I’ve decided, then, that I really need to celebrate the painstaking process that has brought me to 1000 and I want reward you, the readers who helped me get here.

So how about a summer reading contest? No, not that thing you sign up for at the library; instead, I’d like you to write to me describing the best YA book you’ve ever read, a book that you want to recommend for summer reading. Be sure to name the title and author, to give a brief description, and to explain why you recommend it. Remember not to give away too much info and ruin the book for everyone else. The person writing the most persuasive recommendation wins!

Winners will receive his/her choice of any one of the books I’ve written about since beginning the blog.

You may send submissions as comments to the blog. The contest ends on July 22, 2011.

Yeah 1000! Yeah readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment