Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Need help finding a summer reading book?

If you're a student, most likely you've gotten some sort of summer reading assignment.  Believe me, it can't be any worse than the one I give my students.  So why do we do it?  Because every study shows that if you don't actually do any reading over the summer you do enormous damage to your reading skills/level.  Good luck fixing that!

So what are you going to read?  How to figure it out?

Good nerd that I am, I just downloaded the YALSA Teen Book Finder app.  YALSA, the Young Adult Library Services Association is a fantastic source of suggestions for summer - or any time of year - reading.  They have book lists that go back years with categories and descriptions.  I've found tons of great books this way, so give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment